Going to Gateway Con!

A lot is going on in my life right now that has distracted me from posting on a regular basis. I ended a bad relationship as well as a bad friendship and I'm taking it hard. I'm a little over a month into my new job and I'm loving it! But more importantly, I'm nearly to the next step in my publishing adventure.

I will be attending the St. Louis Writers Guild Gateway Conference this weekend. There I will network with authors, editors, and agents, and the best part of all is that I will be pitching to two or more agents to try and get The Un-Life of William Moore published traditionally.

It is a little conflicting.  From how much Kindle Scout wanted to turn my novel into a crime thriller, I'm afraid of what an agent or publisher would want to do to it before they'd say yes. But I can't just ignore the opportunity.  So often when you submit queries it can take months, even years, before you hear back as to whether they want your  novel or not.  I don't want to waste that kind of time.  However, it's different when you are able to pitch to an agent in person.  You get feedback right there, and according to my Writers Guild president, they pick up writers left and right.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I am trying to be positive.  My life has become such a mess so the idea of not having to market myself with everything I got daily to get an indie book noticed doesn't sound very fun.  I'm sure I'd have to make some effort on my own going traditional, but at least it could maybe take the edge off. I'm not excited about the lower royalties, and yet, maybe it'd be worth it for potentially getting more sales.  It would also kind of be neat to start out traditional to show the world that I'm not the only one endorsing my ideas.  Somehow it might make me more worthy as an author.

But, if nothing comes of this venture, then I will self-publish.  The Un-Life won't just sit in my flash drive forever.  It will be read.

Not all of the Gateway Con is free, but there are some events free to the public. If you see me, say hi! I'll be around most of all the three days, maybe not as much on Sunday.




Thank you to theeekshii for designing my author logo. With business cards in hand, I'm ready to face the Con.

See you there?


-Dana Lockhart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Weebly!

Fun Facts About The Un-Life (Spoilers)

Traveling Back in Time to June 2019